THE SMARTMARCA PROJECT
Aim: enhancement of the cultural heritage and tourism opportunities for the fruition of the local area of Fermo (Marche Region), introducing innovative and digital systems to support managers and users.
Actions to be implemented:
- Development of a tool for info divulgation about art & culture, food & wine, nature, opportunities for enjoying the territory with family, have relax, experiment spirituality, go shopping, do sports.
Multi-channel opportunity: a cloud collects all the info that can be accessed from every place, at any time: totems spread on the territory, websites, apps.
The BLE technology allows the “senseable spaces” selected, such as monuments, shops, POIs to start “talking”. The system informs the user about their presence, thus creating proximity marketing. The BLE also allows to measure consumers’ behaviour, e.g.: number of users in a specific place, time spent there…
- Use of VR: 360 degree-virtual tour with special glasses (Google Cardboards) allowing the virtual immersive visit of the territory from any place in the world, interact and gain touristic and cultural information about the POIs.
- Implementation of an experimental interactive system about taste perception that, through UGDs creates a linkage between users and food & wine producers and products. Through this system, users give a feedback about their perception of the product tasted so to give the producer more knowledge about how to improve its products.
- Beacons on the way: installation of beacons to help users in finding information about naturalistic paths, panoramic points, services and others…When close to a senseable point, the user receives a notification on the smartphone providing him/her with all the info needed for its fruition.
- Use of AR: for the valorisation of the local cultural heritage, especially paintings preserved in local museums. Through AR contents, by using the camera from personal mobile devices, the user can frame the details of the painting, by also zooming them in HD, receive punctual information about them; reproduce videos on the painting, visualize overlayered pictures and texts on the painting.
- Collection of digital footprints: this allows to understand the impact of the project on the social media (#smartmarca); to collect multimedia user-generated contents about the territory and geo-localized information so to measure and create related metrics and statistics.