Proposals at the level of the agricultural sector
- Enhance information for the basic rules of the NEW CAP 2014-2020 with emphasis on pillar 2 on the quality of agricultural production.
- Productivity and adaptability survey of vineyards in the area to enhance new crops and innovative cultivation techniques. Strengthening local varieties and seeds.
- Greater promotion of the comparative advantage regarding the quality of the products of the region and its role in the Mediterranean diet.
- Seminars on the value of quality in agricultural production and nutrition.
- Organization of marketing and control of distribution networks, creation of a sound absorption system.
- Strengthening of financial options with information from state agronomists, technical support, and generally facilitating access to knowledge.
- Creating infrastructure and restoring the role of the state to people’s consciousness.
- Solution to energy problems (eg. Biomass plant) with the creation of suitable projects and at the same time enhancing entrepreneurship in the primary sector.
- Reopening of the factories for the treatment and processing of agricultural products.
Proposals at the level of human
- Training in cultivation techniques for organic vine products, integrated management, and other quality products.
- Introduction to the rational choice of quality in production and nutrition for producers and consumers.
- Creation of ecological consciousness in the production and consumption of quality agricultural products.
- Training in collaborative and cooperatives models.
- Training in management of agricultural production and increase in the negotiating capacity and contract farming.
- Information on the selection of appropriate absorption channels of qualitative production and especially of organic.
- Creation of collaborations and flexible production schemes.
Additional changes that will help
At sector level
- Strengthening of local varieties.
- Enhance the emergence of the comparative advantage in terms of the quality of Greek products and the role of the Mediterranean diet.
- Organization of the trading markets and control of the distribution networks, creation of a sound absorption system.
- Simplification of certification and marking procedures.
- Add new “quality indicators”.
At producers level
- Training in cultivation and in particular in the possibilities of reducing the cost of organic products and other quality products
- Training in collaborative models
- Change of mentality and way of perception.
- The realization that agricultural enterprise management is not different from that of any other business