Possible solutions for the elimination of residues of heavy metals in wine:
- Selection of the location of the vineyard after a thorough study.
- Careful selection of oenological equipment (approved and suitable for food production and more specifically for wine-making) and regular maintenance (under the supervision of trained personnel).
- Careful selection of wine packaging materials (approved and suitable wine, supply from approved suppliers, use after visual or other control, keeping them in a safe place under specific conditions).
- Use of water suitable for human consumption throughout the wine and wine production process.
- Wine storage (pre-bottling and post-bottling) in specially designed areas under suitable conditions to prevent contamination.