Innovations of vine cultivation
- Use of meteorological stations.
- Experimental plantings.
- State-of-the-art leaf-diagnostics laboratories
- Underground irrigation systems in Europe’s vineyards
Harvesting with innovations
- Use of advanced refractometers,
- Application of promotion methods of the raw material in the specific case of aromas of the Greek terroir.
Vinification with Innovations
- modern presses, which allow the extraction of the must under conditions of oxygen absence
- Use of stainless steel tanks with multiple walls, where the coolant is circulating in them
- Stabilization of wines which takes place in modern tanks but also in filtering
- Wineries that have received the strictest quality assurance certifications ISO and HACCP
- experimental vinification and micro-vinification, either at the level of bodies or individuals (or through collaborations), often coming as a result of experimental planting, are an integral part of innovative vinification
Bottling with innovations
- Similar and stable characteristics for each bottle with the same wine, modern means, along with the natural cork, (synthetic, screw cap, glass stoppers)
- Imposing bottles
- Labels of Modern Greek wines, which combine the severity of those of the old wine world with the modern approach of the contemporary labels, reflecting the unique blend of European character and modern flavor, that Greek wines offer.
- Packaging (boxes, etc.) that prove the ecological sensitivity of the Greek winery, but with innovative ideas such as their re-use, win prizes in the most important innovation competitions.
Marketing Innovation Quality + political will = Recovery .The triptych of recovery, in Greece of the crisis, is important to be applied in organic viticulture. In the primary sector, the emergence of the advantages of the local element and the small and medium-sized enterprises of the province on the basis of sustainability and preservation of the natural environment is a must.
Marketing + sustainable Innovation = The recipe for success in vine production!!!!!!
An Introduction to Biodynamic Viticulture