Facts to know:
1. For processing white wine it is really important to harvest at cool temperatures to enable mash maceration if necessary.
2. Types of processing grapes:
- Destemming and crushing
3. Parameters for deciding on the type of grape processing:
- Health of the grapes
- Mash time desired or not
- Conservation of acidity
4. The filling of the press is done by a conveyor belt, pumps or lifting the grape boxes.
5. The less pressure applied during pressing, the gentler the juice is gained and the less tannin is produced while pressing.
6. There are two fractions of pressing:
- Free-run juice (at the beginning just by gravity)
- Must from pressing stage